The City of Altoona is pleased to announce the hiring of City Administrator, Randy Pierce. City Council gave unanimous approval of the employment agreement at the October 3rd council meeting.
Pierce has previously served as the Finance Officer for over 20 years with the City of Altoona. He will still be serving in that dual role until a new City Finance Officer and City Clerk are hired. Prior to coming to Altoona, he was an accountant in Ottumwa for ten years. He graduated from William Penn University with a degree in Accounting.
The City Administrator is under the general direction of the Mayor and Council. The responsibilities of City Administrator include:
- Advise and direct Mayor and Council on current problems and future needs of the city,
- Make recommendations and offer alternative solutions,
- Responsible for the supervision and actions of all city employees,
- Coordinates the implementation of Mayor & Council directives and/or policies,
- Evaluates community needs and wants and provides qualified and quality direction and guidance for the community as a whole.